I’m a leader in technology, business, and education. I’m now providing a range of consulting services. If that would be helpful, please get in touch at email@example.com.
From mid-2020 to mid-2022, as Head of Technology for Enteprise Systems & Operations at Domain, I led a newly-formed group to shepherd the company through a comprehensive program of transformational change:
- Business applications and integration
- Developing internal platforms
- Salesforce, Zuora, DocuSign, D365 Finance & Operations
- IAM (Okta), Workplace tech (Google Workspace, Slack, Atlassian – Jira, Jira SM, Confluence, Simpplr platforms
- Low-code integration (Workato) and automation.
- Delivering a new operating model and product/customer-focused delivery methodology for internal systems
- Governance, Risk, Compliance – including areas of security, service continuity, vendor and contract management
- IT and Enterprise Service Management – providing and supporting the tools to help all employees succeed
From January 2019 I had a spell as part of the fantastic APAC team at Instructure learning the ropes of a high-growth large scale (1400+ person) SaaS company as APAC Director of Customer Success and Services, helping to support learning across multiple sectors with the great Instructure products including Canvas LMS, Studio, and Portfolium.
Prior to 2019, for nearly eight years I served as Director of ICT at Newington College, helping a wonderful team of educators and technology specialists provide ed-tech support to over 2000 kids in the Sydney.
Tools and projects
Some recent tools and projects include:
Spaces. Newington Spaces is the community platform for students, staff and families of Newington College. A responsive web app with dashboards for everything and a constant stream of school-wide activity, Spaces is unlike anything available to schools.
Play. The Play app is an innovative way of managing sport and co-curricular activities.
Perkins. Glue-for-school – it’s our custom middleware for joining together around 20 different Newington systems. From LDAP / Active Directory to MS SQL Server, Apple School Manager, Canvas LMS and payment systems, Perkins makes it happen.
IB Schools Australasia. The team of Dann Weatherhead (LinkedIn) and I have managed the IB Schools Australasia site and branding through several design iterations (and in tech, from an original PHP site through Rails 1.2, 2, 3, 4, 5 and now 6).
I’d love to hear from you, so please drop me a line. Email is best; Twitter is most likely to get a quick reply.